Au Pairs are a great Child Care Solution for Canadian families.

The Au Pair has an opportunity to gain work experience, an opportunity to live with a family and learn English, travel and sight see in Canada. Most positions are six to twelve months. It is a great cultural experience for the Au Pair and the Canadian family.


The applicants must have child care experience, ability to prepare creative activities with the children and have good English to communicate with the family. There is a limited number of Au Pair opportunities in Canada each year and only available to select countries.

Au Pairs are available from:

Australia, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Ukraine England & Scotland

Au Pair applicants are between the ages of 18-30 years old.

The Au Pair’s primary responsibility is for the children. They prepare meals for children and can assist with family meals and regular light household duties to keep the home tidy and organized. The “Host” family must provide room and board, a private bedroom is mandatory (TV & Internet recommended), minimum wage for the hours worked each week. Use of vehicle is optional and only if the Au Pair holds an International drivers licence.

We will assist the family with an employment offer for the prospective Au Pair with information about the family, home, pets, community, duties plus hours of employment.

Employment Term: 3-12 months. Maximum of 12 months.

Employment Hours: 25- 44 hours per week

Wage: Minimum Wage (Ontario)

Time Off: Two consecutive days off per week

Statutory Holidays: 9 (Ontario)

Vacation Pay: 4% of gross income or two weeks gross wage

Air Fare: The Au Pair is responsible for flight to Canada and must have a return ticket.

Taxes: Employer is responsible for deducting CPP, EI and Income Tax from the gross wage and remitting the taxes to Canada Revenue Agency.

Worker’s Compensation: Employer is responsible for registering for WSIB

Health Insurance: The Employee is responsible for travelling with health Insurance for one year

Language Courses: While in Canada, the Au Pair can participate in an English or French course. The Host Family can assist the Au Pair in finding a suitable independent language course nearby.

End Bonus: We will discuss the options with the employer.

We would be happy to meet with you to discuss a prospective Au Pair for your family. If an Au Pair is not  suitable for your family, we can assist you with the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.

We update our information on a regular basis. If you notice gaps or inaccuracies, please advise us.